Friday, April 6

My Office



Here's the rest of my office...the last of the room tours! I've managed to pack quite a bit of little stuff in my small office to keep it functional. There's a few more pictures of this shelf here where I talked about making the cupboard inserts. The big lightbulb above is 100 years old...so awesome. The smaller upside down lightbulb I actually got for my birthday in Young Womens. Lol. So awesome, right? Our theme this year is "Arise and Shine Forth" so one of the counsellors found these at Hobby Lobby and had them mail her some...I love dedication to a cute cause!! I think I may have to put in an order myself. :)
I also submitted the hack to the ikeahackers.net website that's so fun to check out and was accepted, so that was fun! You can find that post here.  And surprisingly enough, no international controversy ensued after being featured on a blog, so that's always a plus. :) 
Love this close up of an antique Canon video camera. It's so amazing to think how the heck did that stuff actually work??
Can't remember where I first saw the clipboards idea, but it definitely wasn't mine! They were $1 each from the dollar store, and I am so in love with them. Such an easy, cheap and cute way to keep stuffing things up there that make me happy...
Got this chalkboard heart from Urban Outfitters and love it too. Below is a shot of what we first painted our basement when we moved in, and then about a year ago we painted the whole thing cream to match the living room on the main floor and it was the best thing we ever did to this house!! Especially made such a difference in my office since I'm not privileged enough to have a window. :) My office in the (hopefully) next house all ready has three windows and I'm thinking of punching in a fourth...ha ha. So I can watch the kids play while working no matter where they are in the backyard...sounds dreamy to me. 
Sorry for the lack of wide-angle shots of the master bedroom and office. Boy do I miss Canon! I can't use my wide-angle lens on my sister's Nikon. :) The funny thing is, I sold my camera to my very next door neighbor, and we're friends, so it would be so simple to go borrow it for the pictures, but remember, I'm a hermit. In better news, my 5D Mark III shipped yesterday!! More exciting than Christmas. I also just joined Instagram...I think it's going to be fun! I'm @pamelacolleen if anyone wants to follow along. :) Yes, that's my first and middle name. Isn't it just a gem? (Sarcastic font). I actually like how all the older names are coming back into style...at least it might have some affect on the appeal of my own name which I've never been too fond of! Lol. 

3 comments:

  1. Yes please. That's to the order at hobby lobby! Didn't know about that website even! Fun!! Love your office. Why not include the Polaroid of you working in this post hmmmm?

    ReplyDelete
  2. love that heart chalkboard. is it a magnet??

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want to read a full post about your new camera when it comes ;) sooo exciting!!!

    ReplyDelete

Let's make Thumper proud!