Saturday, February 18

Gnomish



I have had to resort to my iPhone for picture-taking because though I did have my sister's backup Nikon, she forgot to put her camera card in it. I was using the memory card from Derick's point and shoot (it's his, because he specifically bought it for his "activities". Lol. Like fishing, snowboarding,  quading and dirtbiking). Then he went snowboarding so had to take it back for his point and shoot. And after taking some (I'm sure killer "jumping" shots) of each other, he and his bro went for one last run, and Derick left the camera in his coat pocket...that wasn't zipped shut. Smell ya' later camera. So as a result, I have taken like five pictures in the last three weeks and it is SO BIZARRE. And refreshing. 
But I thought I'd share these sweet finds from my thrifting trip I mentioned last post! I always love seeing what people score, except I can't help but think, "oh man, they got all the good stuff, I never get that lucky!" Lol. Like really?? Why do we thinking that way? I think it's comical...there's plenty of junk and treasures out there for everyone. 
It was actually super funny, because I was like a giddy school girl. The thrifting planets had aligned, and I found three things I actually had been looking for for months! That never happens! Exibit A, the trophy-looking brassy things above. I want to create a collection of them for a shelf in Derick's imaginary office that so far only exists in my head. Teachers need at-home offices, right? ;) Exhibit B, the wooden shoe stretcher above. I have two of them, one is all ready on display. I first saw them on Mandy's awesomest-ever blog. (If you scroll down, you'll see the shoe stretcher in her entry). I also found a candle snuffer (complete with hook for hanging), because every man's home office needs one of those, right? And Derick found that cute little bat. And all the trophies have funny inscriptions like "Christina 1998" and "Steve and Debbie" or something like that. Awesomeness. 
Oh, and the little scroll-like thing is actually a song for one of those old player pianos. Cool, eh? But by far my BEST find was the garden gnomes!! I had been looking for awhile because one night while trying to fall asleep I discovered they would be perfect for Baker's room. Which I'm finally ready to share! (As soon as Leah brings me her spare camera card this weekend). I was seriously SO excited. His room ended up with a sorta' woodland creatures theme...and on top of that, seriously, don't little toddler boys remind you of garden gnomes??? So mischievous and little and fat! Eyes full of fun. He's drinking some yummy white hot chocolate out of that cup...and yes, dripping it on the phone. Definitely his favourite toy of choice. That photo was not taken with my phone, btw. :) And I'm currently still waiting for the Canon 5D Mark III to come out, at which point depending on its price, I'll either spring for the mac daddy itself, or I'll save some mula and get the Mark II on a fire sale (hopefully!). 

But back to the gnomes...I really am in love. Especially the one sleeping on his belly! Just like a good little baby gnome. And we love Gnomeo and Juliet in this house (by we, I mean Van and Boss, I've never watched it all the way through). Boston has a little blue jacket and when he puts the hood on it sort of pokes up at the top and he loves it and calls it his gnomeo coat. He wasn't too impressed with the green-hatted gnome. 

And in other gnome-related news, Leah has managed to stump me with the word gnome at least twice in Hanging With Friends. NOT COOL. But tonight (weirdly enough while I was posting) I solved the word gnomish against her. Like as if that is even a word!! She is a total word maker upper. Well too bad, I got you this time gadget. 

Can anyone tell it's after 1am? Yes, I'm in a weird mood. And your last piece of strange news, is that did you know that since 2007, 12 human feet have washed up on the shores of ocean in BC? Yes, you read that right. And I'm not sure if that fact alone is weird enough, but they identified all but 10 of them. How is that even possible? I know, it's really sad actually, but it's just my strange fact of the day I learned whilst captioning my life away in our basement, so I just had to share. And people wonder why I'm a safety nut when it comes to things like lifejackets. It's because I know the FACTS people!! Lol. Yes, I tried to get Derick to wear a lifejacket when he went ice fishing. No, he didn't listen. Just plain rude. 

2 comments:

  1. Can you please dress the boys up as gnomes for halloween??? with cute little beards?
    Does this mean Leah is bringing our shoes? YAY!

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha your just jealous of my WICKED skills!!! I like how you mention I "forgot" to give you my camera card when really I full on thought you could just provide your own! sheesh so demanding! haha ;o) Can't wait to see these little gnomes soooooon! and three cheers for shoe delivery!!!

    ReplyDelete

Let's make Thumper proud!