Tuesday, December 13

Mitten Countdown



Last December if you would have seen me, I probably would have been carrying around a grocery bag full of mittens, white yarn, and a needle! It took me all month off and on to finish this countdown, but it was worth it...I think it turned out great!
It was kind of hard getting enough colors between the dollar store and Wal-Mart, there actually wasn't that many different colors to choose from. I had to use some of our own few-years-old mittens just to add some green to the mix! :)
And yes, it took forever to shove a needle in each mitten and try and stitch a cute, curly number...but the kids love getting their treats out of each mitten every day, and it's cute = worth it. No, they do not get the treats themselves! Yes, it sort of looks like a mitten countdown of danger the way it's hung. There's a peek at our plant shelf too...the vases are from Ikea, the coolest-ever door is from the house my mom and grandpa grew up in. While I do like that little display, I despise plant shelves! I think they are very tacky looking!! And a waste of space...I could have a whole entire bedroom in this big vaulted-ceiling space! Ha ha. 
I swear I took a picture of Van's room all decorated too...I've gotten some cute stuff on clearance at Target the past two years, and it's fun to have a place to decorate with bright, vibrant colors...but I can't for the life of me find it! Guess I'll have to take another one.
 I'm wrapping up a blog design right now with an awesome photographer from Phoenix, and I can't wait to share it! I've also added a few other projects I finished up recently to the design section of the blog...I'm too tired/lazy to blog them. Go check them out though!! I've been lucky to get to work with so many awesome clients so far. 
I did four hours in a row captioning tonight of hockey...I mean, I like hockey, buuut not the minor league so much, and not when it's followed up with an hour of post-game highlights. Yes, my butt is numb. Not complaining though...I love my job!! I just love it more when the Jays and Flames are winning. 
And I can't believe Christmas is next week! I seriously thought I had a whole extra week in there...I'm sure I'm not the only one. It's next Sunday people!! Crazy! Guess my mitten countdown didn't do it's job very well after all. Lol. 

1 comment:

  1. seriously want to come see your decorations! ha love that the mitten countdown is done :o)

    ReplyDelete

Let's make Thumper proud!