Monday, May 16

I've never been this mad.



Holy cow what a day. Basically, Ohdeedoh submitted my entry this morning, but I didn't see it until 3pm-ish, when there was all ready 63 commments (and growing) on my post. 99% full of hate. I honestly, truly did not think people could be this mean! I've posted my own comment in rebuttal to at least try and address some of the hate, not that it's going to do a darn thing. I just thought I'd let my (few) followers know. I'm pretty sure I'm pulling out from the contest (I never even entered it to win in the first place as mentioned in my last post, just thought it would be fun). I don't think I can handle the hate! Here's the link to my entry...read the comments if you feel like seeing just how ugly people can be. And of course, even though I really don't feel like including a pic, I will hold up my end of the bargain and post one. This sums up just about how I feel today.
Edited to add: They unpublished my post at 8pm tonight. Anyone who follows Ohdeedoh in Google Reader will still be able to see the post, but not the comments. (I don't think). I cannot get over the mean things everyone was saying!!! In case anyone didn't get the pleasure of reading them (I saved a copy of them, do not ask me why), everyone was basically saying we were terrible parents who should be reported to Child Protection Services for putting our kid in the laundry room since there's a fire hazard with the appliances, and we are terrible people for buying our washer and dryer with our student loans, and as if we would even have bleach in the room where he could climb up and grab it (he can't), and that we must not love Boston as much as the other two and that he would have middle child syndrome. 
Yeah.
Honestly, I get where people are coming from, and I've moved all the bleach/detergent stuff. Better safe than sorry, right? And we don't run the washer/dryer when he is sleeping either. I just can't believe the hate in their comments, how they said things, and all the digs at me and Derick as parents as a whole. Never in a million years would I think that I'd wake up one day to 100 comments from COMPLETE strangers literally ripping and tearing me down as a person. I know I probably just sound like a big big baby...but it's my blog and I can cry if I want to, right? 

11 comments:

  1. I am seriously shocked! Sitting here with my mouth open-literally. All I thought about his room being the laundry room was that I should keep that in mind in the future if that ends up working well for us. I just think it is a smart use of space. Please don't leave the blogging world over this though, I'm loving your blog and ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is seriously sad! I am shocked too :( I wish I could have read them... I honestly didn't even think anything when I read your blog post about Boston's room. I think it's an awesome use of space!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WHAT?? that is ridiculous!!! i want to see those comments!! people are freaking NUTS!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. seriously. I can't get over how CRAZY STUPID people are. Boston just loves his little room! So freakin retarded! I sometimes get sad that my kids aren't going to have as cutely decorated rooms cuz i'm not as creative as you! I honestly can't believe that happened today.....

    ReplyDelete
  5. whatever!!! stupid strangers! i say nice work on getting the washer/dryer while you have money cuz heaven knows, you won't once you start paying loans back, and i also say i love the cute use of space :) as if you guys would ever purposely endanger your kids - sheesh idiots! i love that people have nothing better to do than tear down a perfect stranger for fun! i'm mad for you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. hi,
    i'm glad you posted the pics here because i they were taken off odeedoh by the time before i got to see them. i can't believe people can be so cruel! judging you on your parenting and purchasing a washer and dryer with student loans. excuse me! but not all of us have the ton of money that many of the odeedoh subscribers obviously have (otherwise their nursery's wouldn't look like they spent one year's worth of college tuition on them---as if that's a responsable use of money!)we do the best with what we have and as long as babies feel loved and nurtured, they will be fine. it's obvious you put alot of love and care into decorating this room; anyone with eyes can see that. and shame on odeedoh for not reprimanding the posters for comments that can only be described as abusive! i'm so sorry for what you went through pamela

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooooooh this made me mad Pam! Everyone knows you love Boston most!! hahaha no jk but seriously what idiots. I got a right mind to track em down and punch em right square in the face! Retards.

    I love Boss' little room. Nobody could have made it cuter or homier or more lovey dovey! Don't these people know that there are kids getting thrown in trash cans and sleeping on cement floors without roofs and eating dirt for dinner?! Buncha idiots, I tell ya!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks Katelyn for making me feel like I'm not totally insane for thinking it was a good idea to put Boston in the laundry room!
    And thank you Marcia!!! You make such a good point about how much everyone else spends on average on the baby rooms often shown on Ohdeedoh. I pretty much spent nothing on the rest of Boston's room (it was used or free mostly), and we do those sorts of things so we can have money on more practical things like washers/dryers! Thank you so much for your comment, and to everyone else too. I never ever thought comments would make such a different! I thought I was one of the tough ones! Ha.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Pam I am so sorry this all happened I read them yesterday before they got taken off but had to run do mom things before I could comment here! But I can't believe people were so cruel they obviously 1] don't have kids 2] never lacked for space 3] never had 2 and 3 year olds that you would never put in the same room cause they would never go to sleep! and 4] The room is beautiful I loved your ideas and I'm all for a place a kid can take a nap! My mom sleep in an apple box as a baby in a closet when she was little! and I'm sure they didn't have baby monitors!
    I think it was a beautiful use of space and the washer and dryer are beautiful too :) People are so mean! I'm with Katelyn I love your blog and ideas so keep them coming! and forget the psycho judgmental people because we love you and your space and decorating!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. that would be slept not sleep :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks Christal!! I know, I was so mad at all the people criticizing me for not having them share yet...seriously, they would have been ages 21 months and 3 1/2 years old if I had put them together when Baker was born....AND a newborn on top of that! Talk about a recipe for crazy! :)

    ReplyDelete

Let's make Thumper proud!